Fanny Bay Community Hall Open
Effective July 5, 2021 the Fanny Bay Hall is open to rental use once again. Some restrictions apply. Check with our rental agent if you’re thinking of booking an event.
The Fanny Bay Community Association (FBCA) was incorporated and registered as a society on December 10, 1931, under the title Fanny Bay Athletic and Social Society. Through the past 9 decades it has morphed into the current energetic registered charity, with over 200 members governed by an elected volunteer Board of Directors. As a not-for profit organization, the constituted purposes of the FBCA are:
- To maintain a Community Centre, and manage the use of the facilities, so that they can be used on a first come, first served basis.
- To provide such other public amenities as may benefit the community.
- In furtherance of the charitable purpose, to obtain and manage the necessary finances, personnel and equipment to operate the facilities.
Our Community Hall, completed in December 1931, was built on land donated by pioneer, Abe McLauchlin, and constructed primarily with volunteer labour and a whole lot of donated materials. Thanks to the ongoing generosity of Fanny Bay residents, local service organizations and businesses, and grants from various charitable foundations and local and provincial governments, the Hall continues to act as the place in our community to congregate and fraternize with neighbours.