Coming in June
Erlendis Guitar Quartet From Poland,
Coming To Fanny Bay Hall.
Mark your calendars for Saturday, June 10th, when this exciting group will be performing a concert of classical guitar at the Fanny Bay Hall, beginning at 7pm.
Thanks to their great performances and reviews, the Erlendis Quartet have established themselves as one of the most promising guitar quartets in Europe. During their careers they have been awarded prizes in several guitar competitions in Europe, and have been widely recognized as outstanding soloists as well as chamber musicians.
Erlendis Quartet have won prizes in several competitions, including:
- International Chamber Music Competition in Cremona (Italy)
International Competition for Chamber Music with Guitar in Aschaffenburg (Germany),
- Audience Prize in 4th International Competition for Chamber Music with Guitar in Aschaffenburg (Germany),
- International Chamber Music Competition – Orlando Festival in Kerkrade (The Netherlands),
- Competition for Chamber Music in The Royal Danish Academy of Music in Copenhagen (Denmark),
- International Guitar Competition in Olsztyn (Poland),
- Chamber Music Tournament in Bydgoszcz (Poland), where they were competing with forty other ensembles, mainly string quartets and piano trios.
Since September 2015 the artists have been based in Denmark, where they work and study in Copenhagen. As the first guitar quartet ever accepted at the school, they have been enrolled for soloist postgraduate studies in The Royal Danish Academy of Music.
They will be performing a wide range of pieces from different musical periods and styles, including new music. We are very fortunate to be able to bring this group to the Comox Valley. Look forward to a delightful evening with these very talented musicians.
Tickets, $18 in advance, $20 at the door, are available at Laughing Oyster Books in Courtenay, Weinberg’s Good Food in Buckley Bay, and Salish Sea Market in Bowser.
FMI visit www.fannybaycommunity.com or call 250-792-2219