Hall Rental FAQs

Can’t find answers to your Fanny Bay Hall Rental questions elsewhere? Here are some common questions we field.

  • Why do we need extra insurance if we’re serving liquor? The FBCA carries liability insurance throughout the year for the day-to-day operation of the hall.  This insurance, however, does not cover the extra liability involved with an event where liquor is being served. It is the responsibility of those people running the bar to ensure that servers have appropriate serving credentials, that an event liquor license is obtained, and extra liability insurance is in place. The FBCA will not rent the hall to a group unless these criteria are met. The Hall rentals volunteer can provide you with contact information for getting a liquor license. Event insurance is best obtained through your own insurance provider to get a good rate.According to BC legislation people putting on events where liquor is being served must get a liquor license from a government licensed liquor outlet. Events of 75 people or more must also get approval from the RCMP which can take up to three weeks. Costs range from approximately $25 for a private party to $125 for an event open to the public. (These figures are based on 2015 and amounts may change.)

    Private alcohol or homemade wine cannot be served at these events.

  • Is there overnight camping available?
  • Yes. Overnight camping is available for quests attending events at the Fanny Bay Community Centre. There is a $10 charge.
  • Does the Hall have stakes and shoes for the horseshoe pits? Yes!