The mandate of the Fanny Bay Flyer is to promote activities and initiatives of the Fanny Bay Community Association. The Flyer does, however, accept input from a variety of community-based groups.
Please keep in mind that the Flyer is put together by a volunteer editor – whose main job is to put the submissions into the layout – and often does this over the course of 1-2 days immediately prior to the deadline.
Please read through and follow these guidelines when making a submission:
- Your submission should not exceed 200 words.
- Your submission should be written as you expect it to appear. It is not the job of the Editor to provide copy writing services above those of minor editing and spell checking. Submissions not adhering to this policy will be returned for editing.
- Please submit all copy and images BEFORE the 20th of the preceeding month.
- Please avoid attachments. Text should be sent in the body of the e-mail. If this is not possible, .pages, .doc or .rtf file formats are acceptable. PDF text documents will be returned for editing.
- Image files can be submitted as .pdf, .jpg, .gif, .tif or .png formats.
- Advertisements should be submitted as you would like them to appear in the Flyer. We do not provide creative services. Business-card sized ads should conform to the 3.5″ x 2″ aspect ratio. Page size is a standard 8.5″ x 11″ sheet, so size full, half and quarter page ads accordingly.
E-mail submissions to: email@example.com .